Established in September 2006, from a merger between Digsilent South Africa (Pty) Ltd and Buyisa Power Engineering (Pty) Ltd, Digsilent Buyisa is the sole supplier of Digsilent products to the Southern African region.
The company has four main areas of products and services namely:
- Sale of DIgSILENT products (Powerfactory and Stationware software, Powerfactory Monitor equipment).
- Local Support of DIgsilent products.
- Training related to DIgSILENT products and specialised engineering skills training.
- Consulting services notable in the areas of:
- Grid code compliance of renewable generation (wind, solar etc).
- Sub-synchronous resonance.
- Network modelling including unbalanced and traction networks
- Network planning and design.
- Power quality (harmonic measurements, harmonic filter design, voltage unbalance).
- Arc Flash Management Systems.
- Specialised dynamic and transient stability studies.
- Integration of GIS and other systems to Powerfactory and Stationware.